Introduction!

Alright everyone!! I am soo excited to start this blog! I have wanted to start one for quite some time but due to my perfectionist personality, which I constantly attempt to keep at bay like a fire that strives to rage despite firefighters efforts to squelch it, I have hesitated in starting it feeling like it was essential that my first post is so FANTASTIC that it blows everyone out of the water. Basically I decided I'd better just start it and eventually one of my blog posts will be meaningful and help some person with whatever they struggle with :). I love life! I love sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reality in Weakness

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/celebs-with-depression_n_942771.html#s344898&title=Angelina_Jolie_

You want to know why I LOVE THIS?! Suffering from OCD, eating disorders, depression, abuse ANYTHING is so much worse because of the isolation. I think a HUGE thing that contributes to the isolation is the stigma against weakness. Everyone wants everyone else to think they are perfect. We all struggle and if we would be COMPLETELY open about it then wow look how much comfort and companionship we would find and enjoy which would be a GREAT facilitator of positive change!!!! If you are suffering now and aren't open about it I understand. I've been there. I want us to change the environment we live in to be accepting of REALITY, accepting of mental illness and weaknesses and the need for therapy, medication ETC. So it is easier for us who are struggling to be open and seek help because we know it is NORMAL to be messed up :) I have a dream for this world. I will work to make it a reality :)

No comments:

Post a Comment